Friday, November 11, 2011

Disneyland 2011

Ever since I can remember, I have wanted to take my kids to Disneyland. This year we FINALLY made it! It worked to our advantage that our kids are a bit older as they were both able to ride everything-no one was too short. We made the long drive to California in one very long day. It seemed like we would never get there! We decided that since we had just spent so much time in the car, we would have an "easy" day for our first day of the vacation. We got to the hotel and took the kids swimming, which they loved. The next day we explored Anaheim a bit and drove to The Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific. It is a pretty cool aquarium and definitely puts the aquarium in Sandy to shame. We all had a great time there and were able to see all kinds of stuff. We were even able to touch small sharks. Pretty sweet since sharks are my favorite animal. After the aquarium, we went to Bubba Gumps restaurant and the kids loved it there. The next 3 days were spent in Disneyland, including one of those days that was Jaden's birthday. It was amazing to watch the kids faces totally light up and just see pure happiness from them! Jaden was so brave--he went on the Tower of Terror! At the time he said he hated it, but now that we've been home for a bit, he says it is his favorite ride. Lexi says her favorite is Splash Mountain. We made some memories that I hope I never forget. After having such a great time at Disneyland we decided we would take it easy for our last day before having to drive home. We drove back to Long Beach and went on a harbor cruise--it was short and sweet, but very fun. After having such a great time in California, we headed home the next day. We made the drive home in one day as well. I haven't been too fond of driving after the marathon drives we did on our vacation. We've been back for 2 months, so I've been a bit of a slacker getting this posted. I took a ton of pictures, but I'll try to narrow it down, so there aren't a million of them here!

I'm really grateful to have such an amazing family to go through life with!
























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. Your family is so cute! Im so happy your family went to Disney. The aquarium sounds amazing! I don't think We will ever go to the sandy one, it looks so dinky. Glad your trip was fun and props to you all for arriving and departing in one day.

The Swenson Fam! said...

Sounds like so much fun April. Darling pictures, I love love the close ups of Lexi. So cute!

Weaver Family said...

Very cute April! I'm so glad that you were able to take them. :) It looks like you had a great time.